When most people think of healthy eating, one of the first options to come to mind is a salad. But what about something as hearty and filling as chilli? Can that be a healthy option? This hearty meal uses extra-lean ground turkey, canned organic ingredients, and various spices. Prepared in a single pot, this is a versatile dish.
- 1.3 lb (20 oz) fat free ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chillies, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, undrained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, undrained
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping
- Brown turkey and onion in a medium skillet over medium high heat until cooked through.
- Drain any fat remaining and transfer to crock pot.
- Add the beans, chillies, chickpeas tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder mixing well.
- Cook on high 6-8 hours.
- Garnish with onions, cilantro and cheese.
Serves 12 – Serving Size: 11oz – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 206, Fat: 1g, Protein: 17g, Carbohydrate: 32g, Fibre: 9g