This simple low fat recipe only takes 15 minutes to prepare and the video gives you an easy to follow step by step guide to cooking steamed soy chicken with oriental vegetables.
Steamed Soy Chicken With Oriental Vegetables
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Pinch of crushed dried chilli
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned and cut into strips
- 100g (4 oz) choy sum or pak choy
- 75g (3 oz) shiitake mushrooms
- 50g (2 oz) beansprouts
- 2 salad onions thinly sliced
- boiled rice
- Mix together the soy sauce, honey and chilli in a bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces then put the bowl in a bamboo steamer.
- Cover and set over a pan of boiling water to cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut the choy sum into 12cm (4¾ in) lengths or quarter the pak choy.
- Halve the mushrooms.
- Mix the choy sum (or pak choy) together with the mushrooms and put in the second layer of the bamboo steamer.
- Add the beansprouts and salad onions over the top.
- Lift the steamer containing the chicken off the pan and put the vegetable tier underneath. This is so that the juices from the vegetables do not dilute the soy dressing.
- Return the steamer onto the pan and steam for 3 – 4 minutes so that the vegetables are still crisp but tender and the chicken should be cooked.
- Serve with boiled rice