This is a quick and easy fish recipe. The classic Paella recipe shown in the video is a Spanish prawn recipe with chorizo, peas and tasty rice. The lower calorie recipe has prawns, rice and diced tomatoes simmered in chicken stock with threads of saffron and is a quick and easy version of Spanish paella.
- 350ml (12 fl oz) water
- 75g (3 oz) uncooked white rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 450g (1 lb) fresh prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 (500g) tub chicken stock
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes with juice
- 4 saffron threads
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic and prawns for about 5 minutes or until pink.
- Pour in stock, tomatoes, and saffron; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cooked rice and reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serves: 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition per Serving
Calories 212.6 kcal, Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Carbohydrates 23.5 g, Fibre 1.1 g, Protein 22.1 g