If you’re looking for something different to make, give these kebabs a try! A cross between a grilled meatball and a hamburger on a stick. You can skip the stick if you wish or even cook them in a frying pan. In our first recipe the kebabs are made of beef and in our second recipe they are made of turkey. Making them with turkey instead of beef makes these a lot lighter. Serve them with a simple cucumber & tomato salad and cucumber yoghurt dipping sauce, on a pita or over rice pilaf.
In this video, you’ll see how to make grilled kebabs with ground lamb or beef. Season the ground meat with garlic and fragrant spices and grill it on skewers. Serve with flat bread and yoghurt sauce.
For best results prepare the meat ahead and refrigerate to allow the flavours to blend, this also helps the meat stay together when you grill it.
- 20 oz 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic. minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt and fresh pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, spices, salt and pepper until evenly blended.
- Divide into a heaping 1/4 cup portions so you get 12; roll into log shaped ovals.
- Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- When ready to eat, preheat grill to high heat.
- Carefully insert the skewer through the formed meat.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes on indirect heat turning occasionally, until meat is no longer pink.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 3 kebabs – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 185.4, Fat: 8.3 g, Protein: 22.9 g, Carbohydrate: 5.1 g, Fibre: 0.8 g, Sugar: 0.3 g