Two lovely steak recipes today! The first one uses thin sliced steak and the second one uses flank steak filled with olive tapenade and fresh spinach. At less than 400 calories per serving this is a great addition to your weight loss arsenal!
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive tapenade
- 2 cups spinach, thick stems removed
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 cups mixed greens
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Cut the steak in half horizontally (don’t cut all the way through) and open like a book.
- Spread the tapenade over the steak; top with the spinach.
- Roll up; tie with twine at 2-inch intervals.
- Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the steak, covered, turning occasionally, 15 to 18 minutes for medium-rare.
- Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add the greens and toss.
- Serve with the steak.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 138, Protein: 14g, Carbohydrate: 7g, Sugar: 2g, Fibre: 3g, Fat 15g