Great for Meatless Monday, this simple, nutritious salad is low in carbohydrates but is high in flavour! If you want to add meat it is a perfect side dish for grilled chicken or fish.
- 3 cups of cooked spaghetti squash
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh basil, sliced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine spaghetti squash,
cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, and fresh basil.
- In a small separate bowl or spouted cup, combine extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk together and then drizzle the dressing over the veggies.
- Gently toss everything together and serve.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1 cup – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 147; Fat: 11g; Carbohydrate: 12g; Fibre: 2g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 4g