This method for cooking salmon fillets couldn’t be easier. The sauce is delicious, but you can use any kind of sauce you like (tomato basil, Indian curry — get creative!). This dish is full of healthy omega-3 and is a super simple dinner that you can enjoy any day of the week. After preheating the oven, the whole entrée takes about 10 minutes from pan to table. Serve with a simple side salad for a healthy dinner.
~ Salmon Fillets With Creamy Cucumber Dill Sauce Recipe ~
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 2 Fillets of Salmon, about 6 oz each
- 1/2 cup of low fat Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Chives
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Dill
- 1/2 of Cucumber, seeded and finely diced or grated
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the yoghurt, mustard, lemon zest and juice, granulated garlic, fresh garlic, chives, dill, cucumber, salt and pepper, stir well, cover and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees, brush the salmon with some oil, season with salt and pepper to taste and roast for 10 minutes, allow to cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, dollop some sauce over the salmon and serve along side some couscous.
- Use skin-on salmon fillets because they tend to hold together better. Cooked salmon is flaky and delicate; the skin holds everything together till you’re ready to eat.
- If the skin bothers you, just peel it off before serving – or simply use skinless fillets if you prefer.