Today we have two Thai inspired stir-fry dishes with a wonderful savoury, sweet and spicy flavour combination made with colourful bell peppers, fresh pineapple and chicken. If you don’t like your food too spicy you can leave out the chili pepper. Serve this over jasmine rice for a complete meal, also great with shrimp!
~ Lower Calorie Thai Chicken and Pineapple Stir Fry ~
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp Thai Kitchen fish sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cups cubed assorted colours bell peppers (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped (optional or to taste)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Pineapple & Chili dipping sauce
- cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- Mix chicken and fish sauce in medium bowl.
- Add cornstarch; toss to evenly coat. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick pan on medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger; stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add bell peppers, chili pepper if using and pineapple; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp.
- Add sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan.
- Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Return bell pepper mixture to skillet; stir fry until well blended.
- Garnish with cilantro.
If you don’t like the fish sauce you could use Sesame oil instead.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1.25 cups – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 206.2, Fat: 4.7 g, Carbohydrate: 20.5 g, Fibre: 1.4 g, Protein: 21 g, Sugar: 12.3