Desserts don’t need to break the calorie bank! Capitalize on the natural sweetness of apples to keep your sweets healthy, and try this easy to make recipe. Loaded with flavour and low on calories, this baked-apple dessert will please everyone at the table.
~ Lower Calorie Baked Apples ~
This is another recipe for baked apples topped with oats, cinnamon and brown sugar. Like little individual apple crisps without all the added fuss of cutting and peeling the apples, this is a simple, low fat, healthy dessert.
- 2 large apples, cut in half
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp quick oats
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cut apples in half and remove core and seeds with a small pairing knife or spoon.
- In a small bowl combine butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon.
- Spoon on top of the apple halves and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with fat free whipped cream or low fat ice cream.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1/2 apple with topping
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 152.8, Fat: 6.3 g, Protein: 1.1 g, Carbohydrate: 26.4 g, Fibre: 3.4