This recipe has a rich creamy sauce that is simple to make and delicious. The mushroom in this recipe works perfectly as a substitute for meat.
- 100gm or 1 1/4 cup uncooked whole wheat penne
- 3 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushroom
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 hot green chili chopped
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced garlic
- Black pepper powder
- Cooke penne as instructed on the pack.
- Add olive oil to a hot pan, add the onion and sauté until light brown.
- Add 1/4 cup hot water and stir the onion, then add the mushrooms and stir until the mushrooms turn light brown.
- Add the green chili, then add the garlic and stir.
- Add the cream cheese and stir well.
- Add the milk and keep stirring until well combined.
- Season the sauce with salt and black pepper.
- Add the penne and stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat and allow the pasta to absorb the flavor from the sauce for at least three minutes.
- Serve hot.
Serves 2 – One serving = 300 calories