This recipe to make pasta with crab, chilli and lime is easy to make. If you prefer you could swap the chilli for red pepper flakes and diced tomatoes. The video recipe uses angel hair pasta and the lower calorie recipe uses spaghetti.
Crab Pasta With Chilli, Lime & Coriander
- 250 grams spaghetti
- 15 mls olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5cm (2in) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 dressed crabs
- 30 mls dry white wine
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 small handful coriander, freshly chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water, following packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the leek, chilli, garlic and ginger and fry for 5min until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, the crabmeat, wine and 50ml (2fl oz) cold water.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring, then cook for 10min until the tomatoes are soft and the mixture becomes a sauce.
- Add a splash of water if the sauce looks too dry.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and tip it back into the pan, making sure you leave a little water clinging to the pasta.
- Add the sauce, toss well, then add the lime juice and scatter over the coriander.
- Spoon into bowls and serve immediately.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 390, Fat: 10g, Carbohydrate: 50g