Pasta can be high in calories but if you use a lot of vegetables and less pasta, it becomes filling without all the extra calories. Any mushrooms would be great for this recipe, or even a combination of a variety of mushrooms. This recipe is simple and ready in under 15 minutes.
- 12 oz baby mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lb (8 oz.) uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- salt and fresh pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook another 3 minutes.
- Before draining the pasta reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain pasta and toss with mushrooms, parsley and pepper.
- If pasta is too dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water.
- Serve with grated cheese if you wish.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 293, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrate: 46g, Fibre: 3g, Protein: 10g