A sweet tasting Chicken Curry Balti that’s really simple and quick to make. With a really creamy sauce thanks to the Crème Fraiche.
- 500g Chicken Breasts
- 1 Large Onion
- Sugar (x2 tbsp)
- Garlic (x2 cloves)
- Oil (to fry)
- Garam Masala (x1 tsp)
- Fenugreek (x1 tsp)
- Crème Fraiche (200ml)
- Cherry Tomatoes (200g)
- Bay Leaf (x1)
- Star Anise (x1)
- Chicken Stock Cube (x1)
- Fresh Mint (handful)
- Fresh Coriander (handful)
- Curry Powder (1 tbsp)
- Prepare the onions and garlic by peeling them and chopping them finely.
- Put the onions, garlic and the sugar into a heated pan with a little oil.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and add this to the pan.
- Stir for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of Garam Masala and Fenugreek and then stir until the chicken is cooked through.
- Then add all the Crème Fraiche and the cherry tomatoes and stir.
- Crumble the stock cube into the pan and pour in some boiling water until the contents are just about covered.
- Stir this well and then add the bay leaf and star anice and then leave to simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile create the curry paste by mixing the curry and vinegar together until it’s thick.
- Take the mint and coriander and finely chop them ready for when the curry has finished simmering.
- Cook the rice
- After about 25 minutes start adding the curry paste until the curry is spicy enough for you, making sure you are tasting it in between.
- Then add the mint and coriander, give it a stir and the curry is ready to serve.
Serves 3 – 4 Nutrition Per Serving
377 calories & 9.5g fat per serving