This cool dessert is a perfect tropical combination of sweet and tart, so this is a delicious treat on a hot day. It tastes just like a frozen piña colada, the only difference is you eat it with a spoon, not a straw!
Piña Colada Sorbet
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp dark rum (optional)
- Cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Puree in a blender with sugar, coconut milk, and rum (if using) until smooth.
- Chill thoroughly then freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions (or put it in the freezer).
Serves 8 – Serving Size: 1/2 cup – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 91, Fat: 2g, Carbohydrate: 20g, Fibre: 1g, Sugar: 16g