Lasagna is a time-consuming dish to make but you can speed up the process by rolling it up! This fast and easy dish is great for when you have a big family to feed. The first recipe is more traditional and in our second recipe these easy lasagne rolls are stuffed with zucchini, ricotta and Parmesan, then topped with marinara and mozzarella cheese – delicious and kid friendly!
~ Zucchini Lasagna Rolls ~
- 8 lasagne noodles, cooked (use brown rice lasagna noodles for gluten free)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium zucchini (7 oz each), grated and squeezed dry
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium nonstick pan, sauté garlic and olive oil over medium heat for about 1 minute; add zucchini, salt and pepper to taste and cook about 4-5 minutes, until soft.
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper.
- Lay out the lasagne noodles on a clean work surface. Make sure noodles are dry.
- Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over the noodle.
- Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the prepared baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the lasagna.
- Ladle the remaining sauce over the lasagna rolls and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
- Put foil over baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the inside is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh basil if desired and eat hot.
Serves 8 – Serving Size: 1 roll – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 240, Fat: 8 g, Carbohydrate: 27 g, Fibre: 2 g, Protein: 13 g, Sugar: 2 g