Perfect for Meatless Mondays, these lasagna rolls are stuffed with zucchini, ricotta and Parmesan, then topped with marinara and mozzarella cheese – delicious, kid friendly and perfect if you want to feed a crowd. You can make them a day ahead and refrigerate, or if you like to cook for the month, these are also freezer-friendly. The video recipe uses spinach and the lower calorie recipe uses zucchini.
Zucchini Stuffed Lasagna Rolls
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked (use brown rice lasagna noodles for gluten free)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium zucchini (7 oz each), grated and squeezed dry
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium nonstick pan, sauté garlic and olive oil over medium heat for about 1 minute; add zucchini, salt and pepper to taste and cook about 4-5 minutes, until soft.
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lay out the lasagna noodles on a clean work surface.
- Make sure noodles are dry.
- Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over the noodle.
- Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the prepared baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle the remaining sauce over the lasagna rolls and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
- Put foil over baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the inside is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh basil if desired and eat hot.
Serves 8 – Serving Size: 1 roll – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 240, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrate: 27g, Fibre: 2g, Protein: 13g, Sugar: 2g