This Hungarian Mushroom Soup recipe has lots of flavour and is fairly quick to make. It’s primarily a mushroom soup but derives a lot of its flavour from other ingredients. This is a lot better than most mushroom soup recipes and the video shows you how to make it!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together.
- Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend.
- Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 6 – Serving size 1/6 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 201, Fat: 14g, Carbohydrate: 15, Protein: 8g
- You can use reduced-sodium broth and soy sauce to make the soup less salty.
- You can also use fat free milk and non fat sour cream to reduce the fat content (and calories), the soup will still be nice and rich.