This is a simple pork recipe that is really versatile. You can use it in many types of dishes, such as salads, quinoa, or rice dishes. Pork tenderloin is a naturally lean white meat with a relatively quick cooking time and it’s also a great source of iron and B vitamins.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a plastic bag.
- Add pork, turning it to coat the outside.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork on the grill pan coated with cooking spray.
- Grill for 16 minutes or until it is cooked to your liking, turning occasionally.
- Remove the pork from the grill.
- Let the pork stand for 5 minutes. Then thinly slice.
Serves 2 – Serving size 3 oz – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories; 197, Fat; 10g, Protein; 24g, Carbohydrate; 1g, Iron; 1mg
You can add the cooked pork to a hearty salad with tangy feta, sweet grapes, and a bright olive oil dressing.
Serves 1 – Serving size 3 cups of salad 3 oz of pork – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories; 383, Fat; 24g, Protein; 29g, Carbohydrate; 15g, Iron; 4mg