This cheese cake is tasty yet so easy to make! This feels like such an indulgent cheesecake but it is lower calorie and you can make it in individual portions to regulate any chocoholic temptations! The video shows you how to make a dessert with Baileys and chocolate. It is also surprisingly low in Syns, having only 4 per serving.
- 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 14 Tbsp plain low fat Greek yoghurt, divided
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 oz unsweetened frozen sour red cherries, or sweet cherries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch table salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water, cold
- 1/2 oz 60-69% dark chocolate, shaved
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a 12 – hole muffin pan with paper liners.
- Toss graham cracker crumbs with 2 tbsp yoghurt.
- Using the back of a spoon, press 1 tbsp crumb mixture into bottom of each prepared muffin cup.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together remaining yoghurt, cream cheese, eggs, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla; spoon evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake until the top is set, 15 – 20 minutes.
- Let cool and then chill in refrigerator 2 hours.
- To make the topping, combine cherries, remaining 1 tbsp sugar, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer.
- Using a potato masher, lightly crush cherries.
- Combine cornstarch with cold water; stir into cherry mixture until thick.
- Cool cherry topping completely before using.
- To serve, top each cheesecake with a tbsp cherry topping and evenly divide chocolate shavings over top.
Serves 12 – Serving size: 1 cheesecake