Is peanut butter bad for you? The answer is yes and no. It depends on how much you consume, the variety of nut you’re eating, and what the rest of your diet looks like.
If you want to eat peanut butter and still be healthy, here are some tips.
- Two tablespoons of peanut butter contain approximately 12 grams of healthy poly- and monounsaturated fats, and nearly 8 grams of protein.
- Peanut butter contains no cholesterol.
- With less than 7 grams per serving, the carbohydrate content of peanut butter is minimal.
- You can eat peanut butter and be healthy. When you’re buying peanuts, buy a certified organic brand.
- Consuming peanut butter can be part of a healthy diet if you’re eating it with the right type of foods.