Warm days call for salads and this simple salad of asparagus, hard boiled egg and bacon tossed with a Dijon vinaigrette is just delicious. It’s perfect to pack for lunch, and you can easily increase the amounts to feed more. It’s inexpensive to make, low-carb, high in protein and fibre and perfect for gluten-free and Paleo diets.
This honey Dijon vinaigrette, loaded with antioxidants, is a great companion to go with this salad.
- 1 large hard boiled egg, peeled and sliced
- 1 2/3 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 slices cooked and crumbled centre cut bacon
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until tender yet firm.
- Drain and run under cold water to stop it from cooking further. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the Dijon, oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate, top with egg and bacon and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Serves 1 – Serving Size: 1 salad – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 219, Fat: 13 g, Protein: 16 g, Carbohydrate: 11 g, Fibre: 5 g, Sugar: 1 g