This recipe is antioxidant rich, full of heart healthy fats and high in fibre which keeps you full and satisfied. This Avocado Black Bean Salad has bright, fresh flavours and is perfect for lunch, Meatless Mondays, or even as a side dish with grilled steak, shrimp or chicken.
When you combine cumin, cilantro and lime juice, then add some avocados, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and cumin – it is delicious!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt.
- Add the black beans, chickpeas, tomato, onion and cilantro; mix well.
- When ready to eat, gently mix in avocado and serve right away.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: little over 1 cup – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 335, Fat: 11.5 g, Carbohydrate: 47 g, Fibre: 15.5 g, Protein: 14 g, Sugar: 0.4 g