Fancy tasty sausages and pasta in a creamy sauce? Then try this satisfying and creamy sausage pasta dish using Mediterranean-style chicken sausages and enjoy a lovely warming supper.
- 6 lower calorie Mediterranean-style Chicken Sausages
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 250g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 250ml boiling chicken stock
- 75g baby leaf spinach
- 200g dried pasta shapes, such as penne
- 100g quark
- 10g fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sausages according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the leek and mushrooms and stir-fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Add the garlic, fennel seeds and stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the spinach to wilt and remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Drain and add to the vegetable mixture along with the quark and parsley.
- Cut each chicken sausage into six pieces and stir them into the pasta.
- Season to taste and serve with salad.