If you love chocolate, here are two recipes to make chocolate sorbet! The first is a rich and flavourful dessert made without any dairy, but you won’t miss the dairy at all! The second recipe is a rich tasting low fat chocolate sorbet made with a good quality cocoa powder and fresh brewed espresso.
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed espresso
If you are sensitive to caffeine – you may want to use decaffeinated espresso instead.
- In a saucepan, combine half the water, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder, and warm over medium heat.
- Bring to a full boil while whisking, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for thirty seconds.
- Remove from the heat, and add the vanilla and espresso, and stir.
- Stir in the remaining water.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and chill in the refrigerator until cold, about an hour.
- When chilled, freeze in an ice cream maker or your freezer.
Serves 5 – Serving Size: 1/2 cup – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 98, Fat: 1g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrate: 24g, Fibre: 3g, Sugar: 20g
Some chocolate chips contain milk solids, so if you have an intolerance to small amounts of dairy you may have to find some vegan chocolate chips instead.