Not all salmon pasta salads need to be high in fat and this video shows you how to make a healthy low fat salmon pasta salad.
- 3/4 lb. grilled salmon fillet, flaked into 1″ pieces
- 8 oz. bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- Drizzle of olive oil
- One bunch of Asparagus
- Red onion
For the dressing
- Shallots – finely minced
- 2 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta for 8 – 10 minutes as this is for a salad it needs to be cooked all the way through.
- Drain the pasta then spread it out on a tray and add just a drizzle of olive oil so that it doesn’t stick together, then add just a little salt and pepper.
- Place the pasta in the refrigerator and allow to chill.
- Cut the asparagus into bite sized pieces and blanch it in a pan of boiling water for about a minute. Then strain the asparagus and place it in the refrigerator and allow to chill.
- When the pasta and asparagus have cooled mix them together in a bowl.
- Add the pieces of salmon to the bowl
- Then make the dressing – Put the orange juice, shallots, dill and zest into a small bowl and mix them together.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the salad.
- Slice the red onion finely and add to the salad.
- Then mix all the ingredients in the bowl together.
- Put the salad into a serving bowl and garnish with some fresh dill and a slice of orange.
You could make this with smoked salmon instead.