This dessert is so easy to make and looks impressive – if you make it for a dinner party your guests will love this creation! Today we have two recipes for you to try – they are very simple to make but just take a little time as you have to wait for the various stages to ‘complete’ before moving on to the next. The first recipe counts the syns, the second one counts the calories!
The video recipe serves 8: The total adds up to 4.5 Syn per slice.
Lower Calorie Chocolate Orange Flan
- 2 tbsps low fat instant custard powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps low fat yoghurt
- 1 small (85g) sponge flan case
- 2 fresh oranges
- icing sugar (to serve)
- Make up the custard as directed, using 220ml boiling water, and whisk well to remove any lumps.
- Allow to cool slightly, then whisk in the cocoa powder
- Place the flan case on a serving plate.
- Fill the centre with the custard, smooth over with a knife, and leave to cool completely.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut away the skin from the oranges and cut the oranges into segments.
- Arrange the orange segments on the top of the flan and dust with icing sugar before serving.
The cocoa powder gives this dish a strong dark chocolate flavour – so sweeten it with a little extra sugar if you wish.
Serves 4 – Nutrition Per serving:
173 calories, 3g fat