This sounds delicious and is a simple yet elegant dessert. The combination of sour cream with the sweetness of the brown sugar is absolutely wonderful and this dessert is easy to make! We have two recipes for this, however, the first recipe has more calories than the second!
- 2 cups sour cream
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- Mix the sour cream, brown sugar, brandy and cinnamon in a bowl and serve over fresh strawberries
~ Lower Calorie Strawberries Romanoff ~
You can vary this by adding a tiny bit of orange zest or the juice of an orange, or a splash of Grand Marnier. If you serve this in a champagne or martini glass with a mint leaf it will give you a really elegant presentation.
- 16 oz strawberries, washed and cut
- 4 oz low fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Combine sour cream and brown sugar.
- Place about five strawberries in each glass and drizzle each with 2 tablespoons of cream sauce.
Serves 5 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 77, Fat: 2g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrate: 12g, Fibre: 2g