A low fat chocolate mousse is possible, and this recipe with Maltesers is so rich and delicious, you’d have no idea that it contains no butter, egg yolks or cream! It only takes minutes to prepare and it’s the perfect low calorie dessert for when you are trying to be good!
Lower Calorie Chocolate Mousse
This is a wickedly creamy dessert. And at only ½ Syn per serving you can easily have seconds (or thirds!)
- 100g pot of quark skimmed milk soft cheese
- 500g pot fat free natural fromage frais
- 1 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 1 sachet Cadbury Highlights
- Ground cinnamon and cinnamon sticks to decorate
Serves 4 – Syns per serving:
Green: ½, Original: ½, Extra Easy: ½
- Place the quark in a bowl with 400g fromage frais, the sweetener and Cadbury Highlights.
- Mix well, divide between four glasses and chill until needed.
- Top each mousse with a spoonful of fromage frais and a dusting of ground cinnamon.
- Serve decorated with cinnamon sticks if you like.
- For a change, this mousse makes a great cheesecake filling. Make the base with crushed amaretti biscuits (1 Syn each) and egg white, and set the filling with 2 tsp gelatine dissolved in a little boiling water.
- This recipe is not suitable for home freezing