This is an elegant, low fat seafood dish, perfect for entertaining – very light and stylish. This video shows you shows you how to make a quick and healthy king prawn and courgette linguine.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 150 g linguine
- low calorie spray
- 1 large courgette, halved lengthways and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 250 g baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- handfull of basil leaves, torn
- 180 g cooked and peeled king prawns
- Cook your pasta in salted boiling water according to instructions on the packet.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and coat the bottom with low calorie spray.
- Add your chopped courgette and fry for 4 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Next add your thinly sliced garlic and the halved tomatoes to the pan.
- Stir and leave to cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes begin to burst and release their juices.
- Once the tomatoes have begun to burst add the cooked and peeled prawns to the pan. Follow with some torn basil and the zest of half a lemon.
- Season with black pepper, give all the ingredients a good stir together and leave the ingredients to warm through.
- Drain your cooked pasta and reserve about a cup full of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan with a splash of the reserved water.
- Stir the pasta through the ingredients and serve.