While olive oil is full of heart-healthy antioxidants and diet-friendly oleic acid, it’s not the only healthy oil on the market. Here’s a look at three alternatives: avocado oil, coconut oil, and grape seed oil.
Benefits of a good quality olive oil include:
- It contains polyphenols, which are fat-soluble antioxidants that protect the brain and heart which can lower blood pressure, cholesterol and prevent long term diseases.
- Mono unsaturated fatty acids are good for the heart, support balancing hormones and lubricate joints.
- Vitamin E improves heart health and increases healthy glowing skin.
Top ways to pick the best olive oil:
- Smell the oil to see if it has, a very distinct strong aroma.
- Dark glass bottle.
- Should harden or get cloudy if put in the refrigerator.
- Look for extra virgin olive oil, certified organic and look at the harvest season date and expiration date on the bottle