Two lovely veggie recipes for meatless Monday starting with Leek, Potato & Cheese Bake Recipe. This is easy, quick, cheap, tasty and the video shows you exactly how to make it. The lower calorie recipe is a chunky Aubergine, Leek & Broccoli bake topped with Parmesan and rosemary.
- 30 mls olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 2 leeks, cut into chunks
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets and stalks chopped
- 3 large flat mushrooms, chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 50 grams Parmesan, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6.
- Heat oil in a large flameproof dish.
- Add onion, aubergine and leeks and cook for 10 – 12min until golden and softened.
- Add remaining vegetables, half the rosemary with the cherry tomatoes and 300ml (½ pint) boiling water.
- Season and stir well, then cover and cook in the oven for 30min.
- Meanwhile, put the Parmesan in a bowl.
- Add the remaining rosemary; season with black pepper.
- When the vegetables are cooked, take lid off and sprinkle Parmesan mixture over.
- Cook, uncovered, in the oven for 5 – 10min until topping is golden.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 220, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrate: 15g