This workout will tone and shape a perfectly toned posterior in only 5 minutes! This bodyweight workout needs no equipment and has seven exercises, each done for a short 25 second interval. There is a very short transition time in between exercises; just 5 seconds but there is a demo video that pops up in the last few seconds of each interval to show you which exercise you should be prepared to do next.
- 10 Intervals of Butt Lift Exercises
- 25 Seconds Active
- 5 Seconds Rest/Transition Time
- 5 Minutes Total
- Kneeling Rear Leg Raises – Start on forearms and knees, bend the knee to a 90 degree angle and lift so that you feel the burning in your glutes. Repeat an interval on each side of the body.
- Kneeling Rear Leg Raise Pulses – Do these slow, controlled pulses on each side of the body. You will feel this in your butt, your hamstrings, and lower back, possibly even in your shoulders because of the stabilizing work that they have to do. Do one interval for each side of the body.
- 45˚Lifts – The varied angle on this lift tackles the glute muscles in an entirely different way than the raise done straight back. This is great for shaping the glutes, helping you keep or get a round booty. Repeat on left and right sides.
- Squats – One of the best exercises you could possibly do for your booty and general lower body. Stand with feet shoulder width apart and bend your knees to stick your butt out behind you, keeping your knees behind your toes. Focus on pressing up through your heels and you will really feel it in your glutes.
- Squat Pulses – Here you will spend an entire 25 second interval in a squat, pulsing at the bottom of the range of the motion, making sure to use smooth motions. You can always take a break if you need to, but do what you can to push through the burning muscles in your legs.
- Bridges – Lie on your back with your knees bent so that your feet are flat on the ground. Squeeze those glutes and press your torso and lower body off of the ground so that your weight now balances on your upper shoulders and feet. Lower back down, and repeat.
- Swinging Bridges – Stay in the bridge position described above. Press up through those feet and “swing” your hips to the left, then slowly dip back down through the centre, and then back up to the right.