This is a favourite simple salmon recipe. Roast salmon is quick and easy, you can dress it up with your favourite herbs and add a squeeze of lemon or lime.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 30 mls balsamic vinegar or teriyaki marinade
- 45 mls white wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 30 mls fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bulb fennel
- In a shallow dish, add the salmon, skin side up, then drizzle over the balsamic vinegar or marinade, and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together white wine vinegar, sugar, dill and seasoning.
- Peel cucumber, halve lengthways, then scoop out the seeds. Finely slice and add to dressing.
- Trim and halve fennel, then slice thinly and add to the cucumber.
- Set aside for the flavours to develop.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 7/210ºC (200ºC in a fan oven).
- Place the salmon on a non-stick baking sheet and roast in oven for 5-10 mins, depending on thickness, till just cooked through.
- Serve with the cucumber salad.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1 fillet – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 300, Fat: 17g, Carbohydrate: 6g
Tips for Buying Salmon Fillets
- Fresh is better than frozen and will have a firmer texture but frozen is okay if you can’t get fresh.
- Choose salmon that is fresh from the seafood counter and not wrapped in plastic. It should smell slightly sweet, and salty like sea air.
- Choose centre cut fillets (pieces will be thicker and harder to over cook) as opposed to tails.
- Allow about 6 ounces per person.