Pilates is an exercise system that focuses on stretching and strengthening the whole body to improve balance, muscle-strength, flexibility and posture. This is a fun glutes and thighs focused Pilates routine that will work not just your glutes but your inner thighs, abs and waist too.
What is Pilates?
Pilates is an exercise system that focuses on stretching and strengthening and was initially adopted by professional dancers in the US as an effective form of recovery after injury, pilates has steadily grown in popularity around the world, and includes celebrity fans such as Madonna and Jennifer Aniston.
Health Benefits Of Pilates
- Pilates can help improve posture, muscle tone and flexibility, core strength and joint mobility, as well as relieve stress and tension.
- There is some evidence that pilates can provide pain relief to people with non-specific lower back pain. For the exercises to be effective, they need to be tailored to the individual and taught by a qualified teacher.
More About Pilates
- If you want to lose weight you should combine pilates with a healthy diet and some aerobic activities, such as swimming, walking and cycling.
- Pilates is suitable for people of all ages and can help with balance, posture, co-ordination and breathing.
- Pilates is suitable for people of all levels of fitness and is a more gentle way of raising your activity levels, especially if you have poor mobility, aches and pains or an injury.
- Pilates is a gentle, low-impact form of exercise just make sure that the routines aren’t too challenging.
Pilates Or Yoga?
- Pilates and yoga both focus on developing strength, balance, flexibility, posture and good breathing technique.
- With its emphasis on the unity between the mind and body, yoga has a more spiritual side than pilates.
- The main components of yoga are postures (a series of movements designed to increase the strength and flexibility of the whole body) and breathing.
- Pilates also uses breathing, but the exercises focus much
more on precise movements to target specific parts of the body.