Get rid of the belly pooch and create flat, firm, pulled in and strong abs with this targeted toning session. This workout helps dispel the myth of the lower abs, belly pooch and provides the truth about how to get flat abs. Add this routine on to your favourite cardio or strength session or even on it’s own for an extra shot of abs any time.
Make sure you check on your diet if you’re really looking to make some big changes.
Best & Worst Foods for Flat Abs
- We all know that yoghurt is good for us, but did you know it’s also good for maintaining your flat abs? The probiotic bacteria in most yoghurts help keep your digestive system healthy, which translates into a lower incidence of gas, bloating, and constipation, which can keep your tummy looking flat.
- Avoid carbonated beverages as these gassy drinks can fill our bellies with air, causing the stomach to look distended and bloated.
- New research indicates that a diet high in monounsaturated fats like olive oil can help us lose some of that belly fat, even without changing calorie intake.
- Eating foods high in sodium can lead to fluid retention – the fluid often causes our belly to look puffier
and bloating, masking your flat abs.
- Set aside the white bread and rice and swap them for
whole grains such as 100% whole wheat bread, lentils, and brown rice.