Try this delicious and creamy sauce that’s perfect for adding pizzazz to pasta. This is a simple pasta dish, quick to prepare and great for meatless Monday.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 198g/7oz closed cup mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- Fry Light
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 340g/12oz dried pasta shapes
- 1 tsp artificial sweetener (add more or less to taste)
- 6 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 150g pot fat-free natural fromage frais
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
To make the sauce:
- Slice the mushrooms; crush the garlic; finely chop the onion.
- Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the mushrooms, and stir-fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and onions and fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Pour over the chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 – 12 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Stir the sweetener, basil and fromage frais into the sauce, season well and remove from the heat.
- Add the mushroom and tomato sauce to the pasta, toss together and serve.
Tip: This recipe is suitable for home freezing.