Quite a lot of recipes use Sweet Potato as an ingredient. So why are they good for you? This video gives you some information about Sweet Potatoes and the health benefits that you get from including them in your diet.
- They are high in vitamin B6
- They are a good source of vitamin C which helps you produce collagen which helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity
- They contain Vitamin D which plays an important role in our energy levels, moods, and helps to build healthy bones, heart, nerves, skin, and teeth, and it supports the thyroid gland
- Sweet potatoes also contain iron which helps with white blood cell production, resistance to stress, and proper immune functioning
- They are a good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral
- They are a source of potassium, which is one of the important electrolytes that help regulate heartbeat and nerve signals.
- They also help strengthen our eyesight and boost our immunity to disease, and also contain powerful antioxidants that help ward off cancer and protect against the effects of ageing.