This warm Pasta Salad is a great alternative to potato salad and will be a perfect meatless entree or side dish for your next picnic or family get together. The video shows you how to make garlic and cherry tomato pasta and the lower calorie recipe uses corn and zucchini instead.
Warm Pasta Salad with Corn and Zucchini
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups sliced zucchini (1/3″ thick)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 3 ears of corn)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup black Italian styled olives, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz uncooked pasta
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Saute zucchini for five minutes on each side.
- Do this in several batches to ensure that zucchini is cooked in one layer.
- Remove zucchini from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil, corn and red onion and saute for five minutes.
- Combine slightly cooled pasta with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve this dish hot or at room temperature.
- It keeps well in the refrigerator and makes excellent leftovers.
Serves 4 as a main meal – Serving Size: Just over 1 3/4 cup – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 350, Fat: 7g, Protein: 11g, Carbohydrate: 65g, Fibre: 7g, Sugar: 6g