Just because you’re trying to lose weight, doesn’t mean you need to feel hungry all the time. These easy tricks will keep you feeling satisfied without weighing you down.
- Studies show that protein helps you to stay feeling fuller longer.
- Eating healthy fats like avocados, nuts and olive oil can help to keep you satisfied – but pay attention to portion size.
- Allowing yourself treats occasionally can stop you feeling deprived.
What Are Healthy Foods?
Examples of healthy foods include fresh fish, naturally raised meats, legumes, seeds, organic poultry, organic whole eggs, raw nuts, and fresh fruit and vegetables.
How to Make Healthy Meals More Filling
There’s nothing more dismal than dealing with hunger pangs all day. If your meals aren’t satisfying you, this is exactly what’s going to happen. Here are some tricks to make your meals more filling:
- Add a source of quality protein and a source of healthy fat to each of your meals. Doing this makes meals more satiating and curbs hunger. Sources of healthy protein include meat, eggs, poultry and fish. Sources of healthy fat include avocados, fish, beans, raw nuts, coconut oil and olive oil.
- Load your plate with veggies. It helps to divide your plate into three sections and fill the larger section with veggies. Leave the other two sections for meat and other foods. Veggies are full of fibre, so they expand in the stomach, digest slowly and keep you full longer.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal and throughout the day. This will help you feel full faster and reduce hunger.
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/3 cup of oatmeal with cinnamon and a small pear.
- Snack: 1 medium apple, 1 cup of cucumber slices and 1 oz of raw nuts.
- Lunch: 4 oz ground turkey, 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice, 8 oz carrot sticks, and a small green salad with vinegar and olive oil dressing.
- Snack: 2 tablespoons of almond butter, 2 slices of rye crisp bread and 8 oz of celery sticks.
- Dinner: 5 oz grilled halibut steak, 1/2 cup of green beans sautéed in garlic, small baked sweet potato and a small green salad with apple cider vinegar and olive oil dressing.
Diet plans that leave you hungry all the time are not going to work in the long term. If you eat healthy instead, you can eat delicious, filling foods and still lose weight.