These filo pasty bites are based on the traditional Cornish pasty, but are a lot lower in calories. They’re very easy to make and make the perfect pack up for a day out or a picnic.
- 1 Small potato
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Clove of garlic
- Handful of sweetcorn
- Handful of peas
- 175g Quorn mince
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 2 Filo pastry sheets
- 1 Egg
- Grate the potato, onion and carrot.
- Add the garlic and microwave on full power for two minutes or until just softened.
- Add the peas, sweet corn and veggie mince and mix well.
- Add the stock cube and herbs and season well.
- Divide the filo sheet into three strips and cut in half.
- Spoon in the filling and fold into triangles
- Brush with beaten egg or spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Serves 12 – Syns per pasty – 1