The concern over belly fat is more serious than not looking good in your bathing suit. Research shows that abdominal fat, leads to higher risks of heart disease, diabetes, and even certain types of cancers. However the problem is not only caused by too much fatty food or not enough exercise. Poor sleep habits, stress, and trans-fats in packaged foods can all contribute to a soft fatty stomach. This video tells you about foods to eat every day for a flat belly.
You don’t need to transform your entire life for a flat stomach. You just need to fine-tune your diet.
- Eat fewer refined and processed carbohydrates such as white bread or bagels and replace those foods with a mix of proteins, monounsaturated fats and foods high in antioxidants.
- To lose belly fat, 25 to 30 percent of your total calorie intake should come from lean protein sources.
- Studies also show that a diet rich in monounsaturated fats may help prevent belly fat. Monounsaturated fats come from the healthy oils found in plant foods such as olives and nuts.
- Remember to keep your servings in check. Eating too much of even the healthiest of foods can undo their healthy benefits.
- If you have trouble fitting these “flat-belly foods” into your meals and snacks, keep a box of green tea bags around. New research has found a direct link between consuming green tea and smaller waistlines.