Just right for colder days, this lovely Veggie Chilli can be made on the stove or in a Crock pot. Great comfort food and at only 206 calories per serving you can enjoy this without feeling too guilty!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-15 oz. can of diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1-15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups stemmed and chopped kale
- Place all of the ingredients into a large Crock pot.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with your favourite chilli toppings.
- If you do not like spicy chilli, remove the seeds from the chipotle peppers before chopping them.
- If you don’t like chickpeas, use any type of bean you prefer.
Serves 5 – Nutrition per serving – Serving size 2 cups
Calories: 206, Fat: 2g, Carbohydrate: 46g, Fibre: 5g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 7g