If you have tried many different diets and still can’t lose weight, you may become convinced that you will never find a successful diet. The problem is that successful and sustainable weight loss isn’t something you can try for a couple of weeks and then stop. If you are trying everything and seeing no change in your weight, then these videos may help you.
If you are trying to lose weight, here are 10 more things that could be holding you back!
5 Reasons Why You May Not Be Losing Weight
- You sleep less than 5 to 7 hours a night – Your body produces a hormone called Ghrelin which makes you hungrier so you’ll eat more & gain weight when you don’t get enough sleep.
- You Have Too Much Stress – Your body produces another hunger hormone called Cortisol which makes you overeat to deal with the stress you’re having causing you to gain weight.
- You may have Hypothyroidism or other conditions – Hypothyroidism is a condition where your thyroid is not functioning at a normal level making your metabolism slow and only a doctor can diagnose you with Hypothyroidism. Fibromyalgia, Sleep apnea, Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), Cushing’s syndrome, and Metabolic syndrome can also cause you not to lose weight.
- Are you on any Drugs that may cause you to gain weight? – Antidepressants, Steroids like Prednisone, Migraine Medications like Depakote can all make you want to eat more and gain weight. Antihistamines like Benadryl and Sleep medications can slow down
your metabolism which slows down your weight loss and the extra
oestrogen in Birth Control Pills can cause you to put on up to 5 pounds of excess water.
This all doesn’t mean you should STOP taking the drugs you need to help your condition but at the same time, if you’re trying to lose weight it’s best to ask your doctor for alternative medications to prevent weight gain.
- You may be retaining excess water weight making you bloated – Eating too many salty foods and not drinking at least 1 litre of water every day will cause you to retain water and put on “false fat” so make sure you drink plenty of water.