Chicken doesn’t have to be boring, top it with sauteed spinach with garlic, mozzarella cheese and roasted peppers and you have a quick and easy chicken dish your family will love! This is perfect for any busy weeknight; serve with pasta or a simple salad for a low carb meal. The lower calorie recipe is below the video.
~ Lower Calorie Chicken With Spinach & Mozzarella ~
- 21 oz (3 large) chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise to make 6 cutlets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 oz frozen spinach, drained
- 3 oz shredded part skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced in strips (packed in water)
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a grill with oil (George Forman) or grill outside on a BBQ grill.
- Cook chicken on the grill until no longer pink, careful not to overcook or you’ll have dry chicken.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add oil and garlic, sauté a few seconds, add spinach, salt and pepper.
- Cook a few minutes until heated through.
- When chicken is done, lay on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment for easy clean-up.
- Divide spinach evenly between the 6 pieces and place on top.
- Top each with half oz mozzarella, then slices of roasted pepper and bake until melted, about 6-8 minutes.
Serves 6 – Serving Size: 1 cutlet, spinach, cheese _ Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 153, Fat: 4g, Protein: 24g, Carbohydrate: 4g, Fibre: 1g, Sugar: 1g