Who needs takeaway when you could have this low fat curried chicken that is packed full of flavour. Chicken Tandoori is a mouth watering and delicious dish. It’s quick to cook and the marinade does all the work.
- juice 1 lemon
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- vegetable oil, for brushing
For the marinade
- large piece ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¾ tsp garam masala
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Mix the lemon juice with the paprika and red onions in a large shallow dish. Slash each chicken thigh three times, then turn them in the juice and set aside for 10 mins.
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Give everything a good mix, then cover and chill for at least 1 hr. This can be done up to a day in advance.
- Heat the grill. Lift the chicken pieces onto a rack over a baking tray. Brush over a little oil and grill for 8 mins on each side or until lightly charred and completely cooked through.
Serve it with some mushroom rice and if you like your food spicy add more chilli.
Serves 4 – Nutrition per thigh:
Calories 171, protein 24g, carbohydrate 4g, fat 7g, fibre 0g, sugar 2g, salt 0.29g