If stuffed peppers are one of your favourite meals why not try it as a soup? This recipe has all of the same comforting flavours and textures as stuffed peppers but it’s a lot quicker and easier to make.
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 – 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 3 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over a medium heat and add in the ground beef.
- Season the meat with some salt and pepper and then mix it all together, breaking up the meat with the back of your spoon until you have crumbles.
- Once the meat has browned, add in the peppers, onions, and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes or until the veggies have just began to feel tender.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, Italian seasoning and a little more salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat to high and bring it all to a boil and then reduce it back down to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Scoop into your favourite bowl and top with 1/3 cup of the rice.
Makes 6 – 8 servings.