A quick easy pasta recipe that is suitable for a lunch or dinner. This is such a versatile recipe because you can vary the ingredients to suit your taste, so if you are not a big fan of leeks you could use peas instead. Or you could try chicken with sweetcorn and sweet red peppers as this also works well.
Pasta With Leeks, Mushrooms & Ham
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 150g pasta
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100 ml skimmed milk
- 150g cooked ham, sliced/diced
- 150g reduced fat soft cheese
- ¼ tsp English mustard powder
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- cooking spray
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Spray a little cooking spray into a large saucepan and heat
- Add the garlic and leeks and allow to soften for a few minutes before adding the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms have cooked for a few minutes add the soft cheese, milk & mustard powder
- Mix well to combine the ingredients, keep on a low heat.
- Add the ham and heat through
- Adjust seasoning before adding the cooked pasta.
- Serve with a fresh salad and a sprinkle of Parmesan.