This one pan pepper steak is a simple and easy dish to make. It is incredibly delicious and can be made in 30 minutes or under. The lower calorie recipe has strips of beef and peppers stir fried in a wok to create a delicious main dish, ready in no time!
~ Lower Calorie Stir Fry Pepper Steak ~
The key when stir frying is to have all your ingredients chopped and prepared before you start to cook, then your meal will be ready in minutes. This is perfect served over white or brown rice.
- 12 oz top round beef, trimmed to 1/8″ fat, prime grade
- 4 tsp plus 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 5 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Slice meat into thin slices with the grain. Cut each strip across the grain about 1″ long so you have small thin slices.
- Place in a bowl and add 4 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of rice wine, 1 tsp cornstarch and black pepper.
- In another small bowl, mix 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp water and 2 tsp cornstarch.
- Set aside.
- Heat the wok on high heat.
- Swirl in 1 tbsp oil and add the beef spreading evenly in the wok.
- Cook undisturbed for 20 seconds letting the beef brown.
- Using a spatula, stir meat, cooking another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 2 tsp of oil to wok, add peppers and onions and cook about 2 minutes.
- Return beef to the wok, add the sauce and red pepper flakes and stir fry about 30 seconds until slightly thickened.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 235, Fat: 9g, Protein: 35g, Carbohydrate: 12g, Fibre: 1g