This super tasty main course salad with an irresistible dressing is a Caesar salad. This classic recipe has been spiced up by adding roasted shrimp and chili-powder dusted tortilla chip croutons for a South-western twist on this delicious meal. Serve the salad in a bowl topped with shrimp and tortillas, and prepare to look at Caesar salad in a whole new way!
- 4 corn tortillas (5-inch)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place tortillas on a baking tray. Brush both sides with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, turning once, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool, then break into pieces.
- Heat the grill.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with remaining teaspoon each oil and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay shrimp flat on a grill pan, and cook until browned and opaque throughout, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, Parmesan, anchovies, and up to 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, toss lettuce with dressing.
- Divide among plates, and top each with shrimp and broken tortillas.
- Garnish with more Parmesan.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 290, Fat 13 g, Protein: 24 g, Carbohydrate: 21 g, Fibre: 6 g