A basic honey mustard adds the unexpected to this Salmon recipe. The garlic, red pepper and turmeric combine with the honey mustard to make this dish different. Grilling leaves the salmon moist and tender and caramelizes the sauce slightly for additional flavour.
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Cooking spray
- Combine mustard, honey, ground turmeric, ground red pepper, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl, stirring well with a fork.
- Rub mustard mixture evenly over each fillet.
- Place fillets, skin side down, on an oven proof tray or dish coated with cooking spray.
- Grill for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Any kind of greens makes a great addition to this recipe. Try kale cooked with Hoisin sauce; chard sautéed with garlic, lemon juice, and pepper; or a spinach salad with red onions and vinaigrette.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1 Salmon fillet – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 324, Fat: 19g, Protein: 34g, Carbohydrate: 3g, Fibre: 0.1g