These are quick and easy tortilla recipes. The video recipe gives you simple step-by-step instructions on how to cook a classic Spinach & Roasted Pepper Tortilla and in our lower calorie recipe, prawns and spinach combine to make a delicious, quick and easy Friday meal.
Spanish Tortilla With Prawns
- 45 mls olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 250 grams potatoes, cut into 1.5cm (1/2in) cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100 grams (31/2oz) cooked spinach, well drained and roughly chopped
- 250 grams cooked peeled prawns
- 60 mls finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 5 eggs
- 3 – 4tbsp grated manchego cheese (or Cheddar if you can’t get manchego)
- Heat the oil in a 20-23cm (8-9in) non-stick frying pan, add the onions and potatoes.
- Cook gently over a medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the vegetables are softened but not coloured.
- Add the garlic, spinach, prawns and red pepper and stir well.
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs, season well and pour into the frying pan, tilting the pan so that the egg spreads evenly.
- Cook gently for 8-10 minutes or until the tortilla is set on the bottom.
- Sprinkle over the cheese, place the pan under a medium grill and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the top is set and golden.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool for 5-6 minutes
before carefully transferring to a board.
- Cut into squares or triangles and serve on sticks.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 326, Fat: 21g